The FCC discontinued the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program, March 1, 2022, allowing EBB program enrollments until December 30, 2021, at 6 PM EST. After December 30, 2021, additional enrollments in the EBB program are not accepted.
The new program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) began accepting enrollments on December 31, 2021.
Through the ACP program, FreedomPop provides eligible customers with unlimited minutes, unlimited text messages, and unlimited data. The ACP program is available in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- Washington, DC
Please Note: These plans will incur a $1 monthly regulatory recovery fee, to help offset the growing burden of government regulatory compliance.
What is the ACP program?
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a long-term $14 billion program, which will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. This investment in broadband affordability will help ensure we can afford the internet connections we need for work, school, health care, and more for a long time.
Who qualifies for the ACP?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
Please Note: Experiencing a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough was a qualifier for the EBB program, however, it is not an eligible qualifier for the ACP program.
Applications for the ACP program are accepted starting December 31, 2021. Visit freedompop.com/assist to submit an application.
Do I qualify for the ACP program if I lost my job due to Covid?
This is not a qualifier. See if you qualify for the ACP program another way. Visit freedompop.com/assist to start the application process. If you do not qualify for the ACP program, please consider switching to one of FreedomPop's affordable calling plans. Like our unlimited talk, text, and data plan with 3GB of high-speed data, for just $20/month. Transfer your phone number and SIM ICCID easily. Visit freedompop.com/plans.
I have WIC. Do I qualify for the ACP?
Yes. Submit an application for the ACP program by going to freedompop.com/assist.
Are you an existing Red Pocket Mobile customer? Once approved, learn how to move from your regular Red Pocket Mobile line into an ACP account.